10 SIMPLE WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR HOME
Burglars are looking for the easiest and quickest way of gaining entry to your property. Making it as difficult as possible for them goes without saying, but how do we do that?
10 simple ways to protect your home:
- Have high security locks fitted to all external doors.
- Sounds crazy but make sure you fully lock your doors when leaving the house. It is amazing how many people do not double lock their multi-point locks.
- Lighting – Burglars do not like to be visible. A well lit garden and driveway works wonders at exposing suspicious behaviour.
- Neighbourhood watch – Talking to your neighbours and making sure they know who lives at your property can help them spot unusual activity.
- Avoid leaving keys inserted on the internal side of door locks.
- Do not leave keys visible through windows.
- A secure key press is a great way to store keys inside your property when they are not being used.
- Refrain from leaving keys in sight of your front door. A fishing rod through the letterbox technique is a lot more common than you think.
- Ensure all windows are securely closed and locked when you leave the property.
- Smart door bells are a great affordable way to keep you notified of who’s approaching your door, even when you’re not in.
Contact me for more information on free quotations